World Download

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Mtob884, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Mtob884

Mtob884 New Member

I think that world download needs to be allowed for a few reasons...
    1. I use wd to find unclaimed bases as /baltop is all unclaimed bases and its op, wd is the only efficient way to find unclaimed bases
    2. World Download is the only way to figure out whats in a base and where to aim for spawners... I know everyone will say use ftop to find out whats in a base but they might have a few bases as well, u want to know if there are rev layers... aimlessly guessing where to aim and splitting all the walls isn't fun

Please Comment What you think and I will respond to hopefully all comments

2. SledgePvP

SledgePvP New Member

3. Jofuze

Jofuze Forum Moderator
    Staff Member Forum Moderator

Unclaimed Bases are apart of factions and always has been.
    WDL just gives people an excuse to load the world themselves and easily hack to find bases in no time at all.

iLoggedout likes this.
  4. iLoggedout

iLoggedout New Member

5. FoPho

FoPho New Member

Ok I would like to chime in on everyone who thinks basically cheating should be allow :)
    1. Having the ability to world download is good right but when people use it to find bases that can easily be found in others ways is just stupid. Personally I mine with a veinminer pick and use /near but you know that never works (Oh wait it does)
    2. You say aimlessly shooting at a base isn't fun, That shouldn't affect good cannoneers as if you have a good on you can shoot up and down inside a base using special cannons, I'm a crap cannoner and even I know that. Oh plus the whole point of walls is to make it harder for raids to happen but when people use world download they can find weaknesses from the base and make the whole wall building process useless.
    All in all world downloader is far to OP and really shouldn't be allowed.

-FoPho

6. Mtob884

Mtob884 New Member

Responding to ur number 2.... you need wd to know where to aim... ur obv not a cannoner because u can't hit every god damn spot in the base with one cannon and if there's an exploit then u should find it and if ur good enough to find an exploit then gg to you, if u can't make a base right then sucks to suck, and for
    Number 1 people aren't always on afking for near to work and veinminer doesn't work as well as wd

7. FoPho

FoPho New Member

For my number 2 the whole point is logic and a guessing game and anyone who can make a good enough cannon which I'm guessing you can because you are obviously so good they can break into the different levels in the base and if you miss you gotta try again. And now onto you point about /near and vein miner not working as well as wd. Wtf you mean it don't work well its one of the best way to find a base just behind using /f map to find claimed bases. And to the point that people ain't always online to find people with /near. Its the only fair way of doing it as what you are trying to do is basically xraying/cheating.
    So please explain to me why you still think you should be able to do this?

8. Mtob884

Mtob884 New Member

Responding to @FoPho idk what your previous faction experience is but, as someone who has competed for ftop plenty of times on saico and cannon bases, it's hard to find times when a faction is offline and when u get a gap u want to get it right... if I don't know where I I'm suppose to aim in a 5x5 chunk base then the chances of me missing something are high, and that's a large waste of TNT when ur cannoning at high y levels..... for ur statement about xraying stuff, then you shouldn't make unclaimed bases, it's not xraying when u have to fly over it all then stop download it, leave the server then look through all that again